Homoeopathics and House cows

Now we can all talk about milking our cows and goats, all things house cow and milking goat.
tampeirce

Homoeopathics and House cows

Postby tampeirce » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:32 am

hi everyone ,
I thought some may be interested in a result with Homoeopathics and my cows. I have a new Guernsey that arrived with "greasy heel " and one sick almost dry quarter.Nice cow though.
I contacted a lady who prepares and sells remedies and asked for remedies for these and for Parasites. They arrived the next day and I administered them at 20 drops per remedy into a trough full of water . Bath Tub size.
The next day the milk production halved and the girls were skitish and had the hump.
The day after a little better and now maybe 5 days later the Guernsey is sweet again and her milk is at almost normal levels again. My usually slightly nutty Jersey / Dexter is scared of everything , so I have asked for some calming drops to bring her back .
All in all I am delighted. If the parasite remedy works as well as I expect for worms and lice it will be fantastic.
Cheers for now , Tam

Hayhay

Re: Homoeopathics and House cows

Postby Hayhay » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:06 pm

Fantastic! I know homeopathics hasn't been 'scientifically' proven, but when I give it to my kids for colds/flu it definitely makes a positive difference.

Shadowgirlau

Re: Homoeopathics and House cows

Postby Shadowgirlau » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:04 am

Not cows but relevant, my rooster was quite ill a week or so ago and I had no idea what was wrong with him but knew something was. He wouldn't get off his perch, not eating or drinking , dull feathers, purple/black comb and very quiet.
I isolated him from the girls then gave him a couple of mls of garlic steeped honey and plenty of water. Next day he was the same so gave him more of the honey garlic. By day 3 he was improving a little in that he was now coming out of the isolation coop to sit outside. Was still quiet though. I then made him up something nice to eat mixing grated carrot, grated apple, rolled oats, honey garlic and natural yoghurt with pro biotics (no cane sugar) which he ate like he hadn't eaten anything in a month of Sundays. Gave him this concoction for a couple of days and he is now back to normal. Comb is a good red colour, feathers nice and shiny, got his voice back, and all is well again. I suspect he had eaten something that he shouldn't have, he sure was a sick chook.

Glad to hear your positive results with your cow

Kathleen
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Return to “House Cows/Goats”