Expressions of Interest - Cream Separator

Now we can all talk about milking our cows and goats, all things house cow and milking goat.
Heidi

Expressions of Interest - Cream Separator

Postby Heidi » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:12 pm

Hi all,
I've gone down in size to a table top version cream separator (a lovely little Diabolo), so I have a "spare" LARGE Lister cream separator sitting here. I have quite decided if I am going to sell it yet. The memory of moving heaven and earth to have it transported from Tasmania to Grafton is still fresh in my memory, so not yet sure if I'm going to part with it, or leave it as a testimony to my impatience!

At any rate, come December, I may have it for sale, all in working condition. I would want $180 for it. It is not a small table top version, but is good for dealing with a large volume of milk (12L plus). For me and my low producing Jersey, it was too large, and a bit "in the way" on the kitchen bench (although that is where I kept it and used it). It is also very noisy, being a large version. However, it is no more difficult to wash up than the table top version.

So... just putting the idea out there in case anyone is searching for one.

H

Shadowgirlau

Re: Expressions of Interest - Cream Separator

Postby Shadowgirlau » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:04 pm

Heidi,
I was looking for a cream separator at one stage and am still interested. What do you mean by a large item? I ask because I am wandering about your comments regarding shipping it from one state to another. I haven't heard of the Diabolo, where did you get that one from?

Kathleen
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Heidi

Postby Heidi » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi Kathleen,
Because the lister weighs 36kg Australia Post won't transport it, so I had to get a private courier to bring it up from Tasmania (yes, I can be single minded and determined when i want something!). Most table top versions are shorter and weigh less. I'll take a photo of both of them side by side so you can get a impression of the relative difference. Oddly enough, I bought the table top Diabolo separator from a town about 5km away!
Heidi

Shadowgirlau

Postby Shadowgirlau » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:00 pm

Thank you Heidi, 36kg um, seems I better give this some real thought. Look forward to seeing the photos.

Kathleen
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

tampeirce

Postby tampeirce » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:35 pm

Hi Heidi, has the Lister Separator stainless steel parts or tinned ones? Cheers Tam

Hayhay

Postby Hayhay » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:37 pm

Yeah I look forward to seeing the pics too. Can't wait till we're milking and processing our own milk products!

Heidi

Postby Heidi » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:14 pm

Hi Tam and Hayley,
Sorry, didn't see your posts til now. For some reason my "new posts" button didn't pick up the additional responses (or perhaps i just didn't see it!). I'll get a photo nowish...
H

Return to “House Cows/Goats”